Thursday, January 25, 2018


             Namaste to you on this beautiful day!

Thanks to Vayu Romdoni for his Rainbow Monkey


Speaking of monkey minds, that constant chatter within our heads that takes us away from the present moment, is something I've been working on these days.  The realization is ... I allow my ego to disguise the chatter in playful and creative ways to make it acceptable to my practice. This ego tactic is fascinating and I'm trying to understand its part in my life. This will take some contemplation for I like to be present in the moment and to have fun playing with life. 

So I ask myself, "Do you, iris, take yourself away from the moment with too many playful imaginings?"
Probably!  I wrote this haiku in an insightful moment:



                                   rainbow monkey mind
                                    disguises the illusion
                                huh! mindful breath calls




I wonder ... I wonder ... I wonder if I am making any sense trying to figure out the monkey mind and its connection to ego.  Here's another take ... an author I have read, Devashish, puts it this way:  "the chameleon-like ego that holds us in thrall with its false sense of self" is ever present. 

The Buddha contemplated the chaotic mental state and called it "kapicitta." And he explained, "Just as a monkey swinging through the trees grabs one branch and lets it go only to seize another so too, that which is called thought, mind or consciousness arises and disappears continually both day and night."

You may be contemplating these same things. I thank you for being here ... And please, if you have any insight on this, let me know!  Blessings!









       

 


 
                           

No comments: