Monday, January 7, 2013

Namaste to You on this day that is one week into the new year ...  Today I was contemplating some life situations and suddenly Suzuki Roshi came into my thoughts.  I found this sweet and colorful painting of him.  Thank you to the artist.

Painting by David N. Goldberg 


Shunryu Suzuki came to San Francisco in 1959 and discovered a group of enthusiastic students who were willing and open to the Zen of Japan.

I came across one of his great quotes for you to ponder.

"If your practice is good, 
you may become proud of it. 
What you do is good,
 but something more is added to it. 
Pride is extra. 
Right effort is to get rid of something extra."

                                   -- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi (1905 - 1971)

                   Thank you, Suzuki Roshi, for your teachings.  
  And thank you for being here and joining me in our awakening.