Sunday, March 3, 2013



Namaste ... My meditations and contemplations continue ...

A mural of Lao Tsu ... thanks to the unknown artist

Today I was thinking of a Taoist thought presented to us by Lao Tsu.  


After many years of having this particular quote in my awareness, I began to wonder if my meaning had deviated from his words in the Tao Te Ching.  My version:  Sometimes going forward feels or looks like going backwards.  Or some variation of this.

I use this loose interpretation of the quote in regard to a healing, seeking a goal, or finishing a project, etc.  You never know what is happening behind the illusion.

I sought out my old book and found the quote ... underlined as I do.  There it was in the Tao Te Ching, Book 2 Chapter XLI:  

         "The way that leads forward seems to lead backward."

What do you think of this teaching?  With empty mind, I am going to contemplate some more.  

                                 WU-WEI