Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello...to YOU.  I wrote this poem about twenty-five years ago...it has been tucked away in the archives...the theme is nothing new, but I wanted to share it...I find myself still saying and thinking the first line...I knew you before there was me.  Enjoy...thank you...

HEARTBEAT

I knew YOU before there was me.  YOU could have been a tree or a bird or a rock just as I.  Did some forever know of OUR likeness?

I looked at my reflection in the pond and thought that it was really YOU.

YOU looked down at your feet: rough and calloused.  Did you know where I had been?

THEY turned to look behind and saw all that was in front.  Every moment, they saw pictures in their minds ... beautiful fragments of their life, your life, my life.

Tears blur my vision as I lay in the cool green grass and look up to the sky.

A sigh escapes from YOU as you stand gazing from the top of a mountain.

THEY smile and smile even in their sleep for they can hear the primitive drumming...

...a bird's song, a dog's bark, a child's innocent words.

Yes!  We all laughed at that moment knowing that we are THEY.

Always!  We can feel and hear and see ...

...but, sometimes, we drift in the Waters of Oblivion.

We MUST remember.  Listening and Dancing to the subtle sound  will remind us...

The drumming is there...our Earth Mother's heartbeat...it will be as loud and clear as needed for all of us to finally sway as ONE to her music...






No comments: