Monday, April 16, 2012





Namaste ... Universe ... Happy Monday to YOU!  I have bells on my mind and in my heart.
  
Bells and Prayer Flags in India

I love bells.   In my early early days before I realized any spiritual implications, I knew that I just "felt good" when the bell sounded.  I started to collect dinner bells made of different metals and materials ...  pewter, crystal, brass, wooden.  Eventually, that passion moved on to India bells of all sizes, Tibetan healing bowls, chimes, and gongs ... 

I have them in my home and now I know through spiritual study and practice that the sounding of the bells brings one to the present moment ... Thich Nhat Nanh teaches, "When we listen to the meditation bell, we calm our thoughts and restore ourselves."     

And then there are the large temple bells.  (I don't have one of these ... but I can visualize it hanging from our banyan tree.)  I am carving one into a clay relief that I started a couple of days ago.  Because of this endeavor, I have been looking at different photos.  Here are a few of these beauties ...



  


 

Listen Listen Listen ... May the sound of the bell penetrate deeply into the cosmos.  May all beings hear it clearly.  May all beings be brought to the present moment.
Thank you very much!

No comments: