Saturday, May 19, 2012





Namaste ... to You ... thank you for being here ... I was just thinking about how I have always reached out to the spiritual teachers for helping me on my pathway ... and I am fully aware that those teachers are you, too ... every interaction brings me a special message and lesson.  And, then, there is me witnessing myself ... being aware of my thoughts and actions.  Oh! what lessons I get there.  Anyway, all is well ... it was Wayne Dyer (way back) that through his books taught me to bow and say "thank you" to all beauty and every challenge.

Being a seeker of understanding the ways of the Universe, led me toward pathways of higher consciousness.  Books and books, teachers and teachers, traveling and traveling, and a degree in religious studies has brought me to this place on the path.  And I am still here working on knowing the truth of our Oneness in every Moment.  What I want to say is that I still am open and look to reminders of peace and love in the way of art and teachers.

When I first started working with clay, I was drawn to create the peaceful buddhanature images.  I was aware that they reminded me of my inner beauty and brought about a calmness.  

This explanation by Tibetan Buddhist Dzogchen teacher Lama Surya Das so aptly expresses my thoughts:
As a longtime meditator and student of Buddhism, when I myself see a Buddha statue, I intuitively sense that I'm looking in a mirror at my highest, deepest, truest, and most authentic best self. It is not merely something to imitate -- in dress, shape, or hairstyle -- but something to emulate in terms of seeking what the Buddha himself sought and found, in order to find it in myself along with recognizing that in others, and then acting accordingly. The Buddha is actually an archetype representing enlightenment, an icon symbolizing inner wisdom, a pointer towards the possibility of a level of spiritual awakening embodying the fullest actualized potential of human beings.

Thank you again for being here in the little and big picture.  I hope I am expressing these thoughts in an understandable way.  As always, I will post this piece, but there is a chance I will edit it.  Like I have said before, every thing is written on water ... thoughts disappear and change so rapidly.  Have a beautiful day!
 

 


No comments: