Tuesday, May 29, 2012


Namaste ... I have just posted in my Gallery two new buddha images...BuddhaFace 93 and 92.  I am still doing my count - down from 108 Faces of Buddha.  My intention is to spread peace through the awareness of our own buddhanatures.

As with the other pieces, I create the image and the mantra for me and for all of us in the big picture.  We are human and sometimes we get angry and bent out of shape (is this called suffering?) when people and things don't conform to our picture of how the world should be (is this the cause of suffering). 

These two pieces both humorously question my personal buddhanature at those moments when I find it difficult to see compassion and beauty.  The mantras are:  I am a Buddha ... in Disguise and Am I ... a Buddha?  

Oh, yes ... I know I am human and on the pathway of seeking more awareness, but some things and some people are challenging to my peaceful world.  The two BuddhaFaces were created as reminders to witness myself, say "yeah, this is happening and it is unpleasant and I know what to do about it"  (is there a remedy for this feeling?)

Thich Nhat Nanh prompts us not to feed the seeds of anger but to go within and cultivate lovingkingness toward all beings.  Yes, we must have patience with ourselves and practice (is this the Eightfold Path?).

I believe I just went through the Four Noble Truths... 

Thank you so much ... I hope you enjoy the two new pieces ...

No comments: