Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy Day to YOU ... I came across Torei Enji and wanted to bring him onto this page and into your awareness.   He is a most-revered Japanese Zen Master, writer, and artist.  Hands palm to palm ...


Torei Enji (1721-1792)

Here is a fine sample of his writing taken from the Bodhisattva Vow:

Now on each thought
a lotus flower blooms,
and on each flower:
a Buddha.

The Light of the Tathagata*
appears before us, soaking
our feet
May we share this mind
with all beings so that we 
and the world together
may grow in wisdom.

* Tathagata is the name the Buddha called himself in his teachings.  I looked up the definition and thought I would pass it along:
           One who has thus gone/One who has thus come
 I am thinking about this.  My mind goes to the moment every time.  

Now ... on to one of Torei's paintings.   I will let you discover some more.
Zen Jewel



Thank you, Torei!

And thank you for being here 
in the little picture and the 
    Big Picture.  
I AM ... seeing a day filled with 
Love for All.

No comments: