Saturday, June 16, 2012

Namaste to YOU ... Here is a lovely photo to bring a smile to your face ...



This BuddhaFace makes me feel happy.  I am also drawn to the red hibiscus flower and upon some research a while back, I learned more of its significance.  With knowing it is the state flower of Hawaii and wanting to use its design on a clay piece, I turned to the internet for symbolism.  I found it to mean "delicate beauty" and according to Japanese language of flowers, "gentle."  Both of these are sweet, but I was determined to find a sacred meaning and I found it.

The hibiscus flower has been used traditionally as an offering to the Hindu diety, Ganesh.  He is a protector and looks after our welfare by cleansing us of negative energy.  

Ganesh

It is said:

"The Ganesh principle is present in the universe . It gets attracted towards the central space of the red colored Hibiscus flower .  This  is emitted in the form of circles. The Ganesh principle which is absorbed by the stem of the flower gets emitted through the petals in the atmosphere. The stamen of the flower absorbs the Ganesh principle present in the atmosphere and emits the particles which donate vital energy."

You can learn more of the Ganesh principle, offerings, and healing meditations using these concepts by going to the MahaGanesha website:
 http://theemerald.wordpress.com/2009/06/27/why-is-hibiscus-offered-to-ganesha/ 

And remember, I AM with YOU.  Thank you ... and thank you to the Buddha and Ganesh both with the red hibiscus flower!
  •  

No comments: