Sunday, June 24, 2012



Namaste ... For some reason, I had a couple of quotes going through my head ... the words, the authors' names, the connective force of them that drew them together ... were spiraling through me ... lots of information that I had to breathe into to get it together.  

Upon some looking into my notes, I was able attach the names and the right verbiage ... I must admit ... my recollections were slightly different than the published quotes ... you know how it is with our perceptions.  Anyway, here they are ...

I should not talk so much about myself 
if there were anybody else 
whom I knew as well. Unfortunately, 
I am confined to this theme by the 
narrowness of my experience.
--Henry David Thoreau, Walden

and

From their experience or from the
recorded experience of others (history),
men learn only what their passions and
their metaphysical prejudices 
allow them to learn.
--Aldous Huxley

So my question is ... are both of these 
quotes saying the same thing?

From the ponderings of iris on a Sunday ... first Sunday of Summer ... I wonder what that means?  

Thank you ... Thank you ...