Monday, August 13, 2012


 Namaste ... Happy Moonday ... 

Prayer flags by 'eilidh

 When looking at my life these days, I can see the blatant duality of my thoughts leading me to a bouncing from ego-centered behavior to buddha-nature ... back and forth ... it has been a struggle to stay in the realms of Oneness and love.  And from the people all around me, I hear they are getting their lessons, too.  If you are having some of the same challenges, this Zen story subtly leads to the way of remedy ...  


Moving Mind
Two men were arguing about a flag flapping in the wind.  "It's the wind that is really moving," stated the first one.  "No, it is the flag that is moving," contended the second.  A Zen master, who happened to be walking by, overheard the debate and interrupted them.  He brought them this teaching ...
"Neither the flag nor the wind is moving.  It is MIND that moves."

Thank you ... again I hear it ... still the mind ... I confess it is taking much effort for me right now to calm my mind and to be in that place of stillness.  I am making a vow to be more conscious of my breathe, to respond with lovingkindness, to meditate more and to let it all dissolve into the wind. 

            Will you join me in finding that place of stillness?
                  Thank you for being here in this moment.