Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Namaste ... to the whole Universe ... I have just posted another buddha-nature image on my Gallery page.  It is BuddhaFace 86 and its mantra begins with I AM ... like a Cracked Bell.  

The bell on this piece did decide to crack during the firing which wasn't so disturbing for I can readily go in the way of "wabi sabi" in acceptance of its imperfection.  (Thank you to this Japanese aesthetic leading to a justification of my folky, funky art.)

In coming up with the mantra, I have gone to the sacred writing of The Dhammapada, the teachings of the Buddha.

Where else to turn when wanting and needing inspiration on this pathway?  The words that I played with come from Verse 10 and talks of how to respond to adversity.  It is perfect timing for the cracked bell and this imperfect moment in my life.

Dali's Melting Clock ... The perfect imperfect???

                                      Thank you for being here!
                                      Please take a look at this new piece 
                                    on the Gallery page.


The term wabi sabi is new to me, but the concept is very familiar ... you can read on it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi