Thursday, February 6, 2014

Namaste to you, my Friends and Family ...  I was recently introduced to the writings of John O'Donohue, the poet, mystic, and Celtic spirituality virtuoso.  I read his book Anam Cara which means soul friend in Gaelic.   His beautiful words describe the energy connection that we have with our friends and family.

John O'Donohue (1956-2008)

Here are some lines from this book where he tells us of how our friends help in our personal growth:


"A friend is a true mirror in which we begin 
to get some little glimpse of who we are and 
the immensity that we carry - and that 
sometimes haunts us. Friendship is the shelter;
and it's not a complacent shelter but a shelter 
that settles some primal restlessness down 
within us. It liberates us to get into the dance 
of our own life." 

I have so much gratitude for the support and love that I have received from my friends and family during these challenging times.

                                          Thank you!