Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Namaste ... to ALL ... Om mani padme hum, I recite many times a day.   It is a prayer and meditation for me.   "Praise!  ... the jewel is in the lotus."   This is just one simple translation.   I invite you to research and contemplate for yourself the beauty of this mantra.  

I would say the traits of love and compassion are the jewel and they are found in the lotus which symbolizes wisdom.  Where do we find this wisdom?






In a novel I am reading, I came across some verses that are quite beautiful.   Within the poem, is the Buddhist mantra.
              
“The dew is on the lotus!–Rise, Great Sun!
And lift my leaf and mix me with the wave. 
Om Mani Padme Hum, the sunrise comes!  
The Dewdrop Slips Into The Shining Sea!”


These lines come from Sir Edwin Arnold's, The Light of Asia, which was published in 1903.  This is a long poem that tells of the life and teachings of the Buddha. 



I found that I could listen to an audio version at this website right here:

https://archive.org/details/The-Light-of-Asia

Thank you for joining me on the pathway to awareness.  And thanks to the computer for enabling us an easy connection.