Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Aloha ... I just wanted to let you know that I have posted a new piece of my art on the Gallery Page ...  BuddhaFace 89 ... It is my first Hawaiiana piece.  I am calling upon the ancient ways of this island on Earth to help empower and guide our beautiful planet and all living things through the challenges of this ever-changing existence.   To manifest this thought, I was drawn to bring together the clay of Earth and my intentions for healing.

I created this piece in the shape of Kauai ... it is a piece for PEACE and HARMONY.  For the mantra, I have used some words familiar to the Hawaiian culture.  Aloha ... with so many meanings from love and compassion to hello, goodbye ... and then there is the folk etymology which tells us that aloha mean 'with breath' or 'presence with breath.'

Another term I have used is mana, which means sacred life force or sacred breath and this powerful energy resides in all things.  I have even brought a Hawaiian problem solving ritual into the mantra ... ho'oponopono.  This is about gathering together for a resolution when the energy is out of balance.  It is all about taking responsibility for ourselves and looking at our involvement in the problem situation. 

Also, included when creating the piece is the hibiscus flower.  For more information on that, you can scroll down to my entry on June 16 ... There I talk of the flower and its connection to Ganesh, the Hindu deity and make reference an informative site.

Thank you for being here ... and remember this is all my interpretation.  We are on our way to a more aware planet ... we are not alone ... thank you ... Namaste ... Please take a look at my Gallery ... The new peace is BuddhaFace 89 ... I AM ... Aloha