Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Namaste ... to the whole Universe ... I just posted a new piece on the Gallery Page.  It is BuddhaFace 88 and its mantra is ... I AM ... a Bodhisattva of Compassion in Practice.  

In naming this piece, I drew upon what I know about Bodhisattvas and the Bodhisattsa Vow.  I, also,  did some research and refreshed my memory.   

                 You are a Bodhisattva.  I am a Bodhisattva.  

That may sound presumptuous when we think of the Dali Lama and others who have remained with us on Earth to serve and to teach us about love and compassion.   However, it is said that everyone on the Buddha pathway is a Bodhisattva.  

Even the Buddha makes a comment about some experience he had when he was an unenlightened Bodhisattva.  So here we are ... Bodhisattvas ... practicing and taking steps toward a more aware existence.  I found an article in Tricycle magazine that was informative and I think you would like it ...

http://www.tricycle.com/new-buddhism/bodhisattvas/what-bodhisattva


Please take a look at my new piece on the Gallery page.  It has inspired me and I hope it will inspire you on our pathway of Compassion.  I was thinking that I will silently refresh my Vow every morning in meditation.

Thank you for being here and thank you 
for being on the Bodhisattva Pathway with me!